1 lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity [ant: smart]
2 in a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock; "he had a dazed expression on his face"; "lay semiconscious, stunned (or stupefied) by the blow"; "was stupid from fatigue" [syn: dazed, stunned, stupefied, stupid(p)]
3 without much intelligence; "a dull job with lazy and unintelligent co-workers" [syn: unintelligent] [ant: intelligent] n : a person who is not very bright; "The economy, stupid!" [syn: stupid person, dullard, dolt, pudding head, pudden-head, poor fish, pillock]
- Lacking in intelligence or exhibiting
the quality of having been done by someone lacking in intelligence.
- Changing these sample sentences to those that do not make sense is a stupid thing to do.
- To the point of stupor.
- Neurobiology bores me stupid.
- In the context of "slang|dated": Extremely.
- My gear is stupid fly.
- That dunk was stupid! His head was above the rim!
lacking in intelligence
- Arabic: (ğábi)
- Catalan: estúpid , estúpida
- Chinese: 笨 (bèn)
- Czech: hloupý
- Danish: dum
- Dutch: dom, domme, onverstandig, onverstandige, stom, stomme
- Estonian: rumal, loll
- Finnish: tyhmä, typerä
- French: stupide m|f, bête
- German: dumm, doof, blöd
- Greek: ηλίθιος (ilíthios) , ηλίθια (ilíthia) , ηλίθιο (ilíthio)
- Hebrew: ,
- Hungarian: buta
- Italian: stupido
- Japanese: 馬鹿げた (bakageta), 馬鹿な (baka-na), 間抜けな (manuke-na), 愚かな (oroka-na)
- Korean: 어리석은 (oerisoegeun)
- Kurdish: ,
- Norwegian: dum
- Persian: (ahmagh), (kodan)
- Polish: głupi m, m pl, głupia , głupie n, f pl
- Portuguese: estúpido
- Russian: глупый (glúpyj), тупоумный (tupoúmnyj), неумный (neúmnyj)
- Scottish Gaelic: gòrach, baoghalta, doilleir
- Serbian: glup , tupoum , tupouman , tupoumna , tupoglav , tupoglava
- Slovene: neumen , neumna , neumno
- Spanish: estúpido ; menso ; gilí; pendejo
- Swedish: dum
- Turkish: aptal, salak, bön
To the point of stupor
slang, dated: Extremely
Stupid is either an adjective meaning "lacking in intelligence", or a noun meaning "someone (or something) exhibiting stupidity".,
Stupid may also refer to:
Boeotian, absurd, addled, apish, asinine, backward, balmy, barmy, batty, beef-brained, beef-witted, beetleheaded, befooled, beguiled, besotted, blear-eyed, blear-witted, block, blockheaded, blockish, boneheaded, bootless, boring, bovine, brainless, brute, brutish, buffoonish, chuckleheaded, chumpish, clod, cloddish, cockamamie, cockeyed, cowish, crass, crazy, credulous, cretinous, cuckoo, daffy, daft, dazed, dense, dim, dim-witted, dimwit, dizzy, dolt, doltish, donkey, dope, dopey, doting, dozy, dull, dull-witted, dullard, dullhead, dumb, dumb cluck, dumbbell, dummkopf, dummy, dunce, duncical, duncish, empty-headed, fat, fatheaded, fatuitous, fatuous, flaky, fond, fool, foolhardy, foolheaded, foolish, frivolous, fuddled, futile, gaga, goofy, goosey, gowk, gross, gulled, half-assed, half-baked, half-witted, ho-hum, humdrum, idiot, idiotic, ignoramus, ill-advised, imbecile, imbecilic, inane, ineducable, inept, infatuated, insane, insipid, irrational, irresponsible, jerky, jobbernowl, klutzy, kooky, lackwit, lamebrain, laughable, lightweight, looby, loon, loony, ludicrous, lumbering, lumpish, mad, maudlin, mindless, monotonous, moron, moronic, niais, nincompoop, ninny, ninnyhammer, nitwit, noddy, nonsensical, numskulled, nutty, oafish, obtuse, opaque, pinhead, prosaic, put, retarded, ridiculous, risible, sappy, scatterbrained, screwy, senseless, sentimental, silly, simple, simpleton, slow, slow-witted, sluggish, sottish, stolid, subnormal, tedious, thick, thick-witted, thickheaded, thickwit, thoughtless, tiresome, torpid, unimaginative, uninspired, unintelligent, uninteresting, unteachable, vacuous, vapid, wacky, weak-minded, wet, witless, witling, wrongheaded